We often get asked what basic things every small business owner should be doing in the world of online marketing. While it is hard to put it into a few quick tips, here are some suggestions on how to make a successful online presence for your company.
- Google it! You need to be using Google. Even if you don’t spend money on anything, set up a Google Places page for your business. If you have some funds to use, find a balance between bidding on keywords and allotting funds for ads.
- Send out a newsletter to your customers and hope-to-be customers on a regular basis. Try to send something out once a month around the same time each month so your customers come to expect it.
- Try to be social. If social media makes sense, give it a try! It is essentially free and can be a great way to communicate with your customers.
- Have a good website. Make sure it is easy for customers to find information on your site and that you have control over updates and changes.
- Blogging, baby. Try blogging. Leverage your expertise in your industry and create weekly posts for your customers to read. Even if it seems silly, it will help with your Google efforts.
We believe that online marketing is a great way to keep in touch with your customers, get new ones and establish your brand without spending a bucket full of money. So, give it a try!