If you’re a small business owner, you’re likely already acquainted with summertime temptations – from baseball games and BBQs, to festivals and long weekends. The season is brimming with distractions. Stop the vices of summer in their tracks with Focus Marketing & PR’s five tips for managing a small business during the dog days of summer.
- Coverage – Plan ahead with your team to discuss summer travel and vacations. This will help to establish points of contact for your stakeholders, should a need arise.
- Proactive planning – Summer is a highly anticipated time of year. Create a timeline of seasonal projects and devote time and energy to completing these tasks prior to summer-fun knocking at your door.
- Dial back your Google efforts – If you anticipate less availability over the summer months to execute upon standard client work, scale back on your Google limelight. This will help to decrease new client inquiries, while maintaining devotion to current customers.
- Bookend your summer with hard work – Plan to increase time and effort spent on marketing and branding in May and then again in September and October. Devoting extra hours before summer hits and then in the fall can help smooth out your year.
- Don’t skimp on website maintenance – Just because you might be taking it easy during the summer doesn’t mean you should ignore important website updates. Make sure you have a professional website watchdog keeping an eye on things for you.
About Focus Marketing + PR
Focus Marketing + PR is an affordable, Colorado-based boutique marketing firm specializing in arming small and medium-sized businesses of any industry with tools to navigate the constantly changing digital world. Visit https://focusmarketingandpr.com/for more information.