Thorough communication is always key to successful partnerships. And in uncertain times, such as these,…
As a business owner you understand the importance of having satisfied customers- you want them to be repeat customers and you want them to recommend you to their friends. Well, in the age of online searching, you need to ask your satisfied customers to go the extra step and recommend you to the online world.
For our clients we are constantly monitoring any new Google reviews that are posted online. We want to make sure that we are watching out for any negative reviews so we can address those outstanding issues and we also want to make sure that we are constantly adding new reviews to the list.
What we have discovered lately is that a lot of business owners don’t know if they are set up to receive Google reviews, they aren’t sure the best way to solicit reviews and their customers don’t know how to do a Google review so they need a little help. Well, here are some great tips for you!
Is Your Business Set Up to Receive Google Reviews?
- In order for your business to receive Google reviews you need to make sure that you have a Google Places page set up.
- All you need to do is go to the following site and set up your profile: https://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/
How To Help Your Customers Submit a Review
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to post a Google review. This can be sent along to your customers.
- Go to www.google.com and search for your business
- At the top of the search results your customer will see your Google Places ad with your profile
- The customer will then click on the “Google Reviews” link
- The customer will need to scroll to the bottom of the page to add their own review
- If your customer doesn’t have a Google account they will need to set one up in order to post a review. (It is really quick and easy – just need an email address and a password.)
Ideas On How To Solicit Google Reviews
- The best time to ask people for a Google review is immediately after you have completed your service or made a sale. It is fresh in their mind and they will be able to write a more complete, honest review.
- There is nothing wrong with offering up a little perk for doing a review. We have had success with some of clients by offering a special promotion to those who take the time to write a Google review. (We would recommend doing something that involves a discount of a future purchase – that way you are incentivizing them to come back!)