We know, we know – it’s hard enough to write your own blog, let alone to write posts for other blogs. But there are a few very good reasons why you should consider guest blogging as a way to to improve your business goals. (And it can actually make your life easier, too, when you open your own site up to guest blogging. Guest blogging should definitely go both ways.)
Guest Blogging Advantages
Here are a few of the major advantages of guest blogging:
- Guest blogging can help to validate your status as an industry expert because you will be featured on a third-party site.
- When you allow guest blogs on your own site, it shows that you value others’ opinions and don’t always feel like your word is the only word. To that end, don’t be afraid to feature someone who might have a slightly different approach than you do, or a slightly different focus within the industry. Embrace the fact that you can’t know everything!
- Finding guest bloggers for your own blog and pitching yourself to guest blog on other blogs helps to build a sense of community within your industry. You might even find that you can help each other out in more concrete ways at some point (like through referrals).
- When you guest blog, it boosts your Google searchability.
- Guest blogging gets your company name in front of a new audience.
To get started as a guest blogger, we recommend taking a good look at other blogs in your industry and then pitching them with thoughtful, interesting topics. Don’t be afraid to share how this can be a mutually beneficial relationship. One way to prove this point is of course to offer them a guest post on your own blog.
If you have any questions, please contact Niki at firstname.lastname@example.org.