The kids are headed back to school; and for many of us, this means we’re…
Summer is just around the corner. In honor of the much-anticipated season, we’re dusting off our 2018 tips for managing a small business during the dog days of summer. Pardon the lack of creativity, we’re plotting for summer, too.
5 Tips for Managing a Small Business in Summer
- Coverage. Plan ahead with your team to discuss summer travel and vacations. This helps to establish points of contact for your stakeholders, should a need arise.
- Proactive planning. Create a timeline of seasonal projects and devote time and energy to completing these tasks prior to summer-fun knocking at your door.
- Dial back your Google efforts. If you anticipate less availability over the summer months to execute upon standard client work, scale back on your Google limelight. This helps to decrease new client inquiries, while maintaining devotion to current customers.
- Bookend your summer with hard work. Increase time and effort spent on marketing and branding this month and then again in September and October. Devoting extra hours before summer hits and then in the fall can help smooth out your year.
- Don’t skimp on website maintenance. Just because you might be taking it easy during the summer doesn’t mean you should ignore important website updates. Make sure you have a professional website watchdog keeping an eye on things for you.
Summer is brimming with distractions. Stop the vices of summer in their tracks with a little preparation. And if its marketing and public relations efforts that have you distracted, lets talk. Focus has more than 45 years of combined expertise in media relations, digital marketing, social media, and beyond. Our passion is effective communication, meticulous story-telling and genuine interpersonal marketing and public relations, no matter what the industry. We always offer complimentary consultations to ensure the fit is right. [email protected] / 303-949-1876
About Focus Marketing & PR
Focus Marketing & PR is a Colorado-based boutique marketing firm specializing in arming small and medium-sized businesses of any industry with tools to navigate the constantly changing digital world. Give us a call today to discuss your marketing and PR needs; we always offer free consultations. Contact Focus Marketing & PR.