“There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” - Michelle Obama Preach,…
Women’s History Month: Celebrating the Lady Lions
In like a lion, out like a lamb. Have you ever paused to consider the irony of the English proverb used to describe the month of March? Sure, it accurately illustrates the weather forecasts, but March is about so much more than unhinged storms and temperature swings; it’s about women in history, their contributions and hardships, too.
In honor of Women’s HIstory Month – a designation made nearly 40-years ago, by the U.S. Congress to honor the many accomplishments achieved by women – we’ve rounded up facts and stats about how women in the U.S. – all 152 million of them – make our worlds go around. After all, the women we know – past and present – are anything but weak, timid and easy-going lambs.
The Facts are Female
Women as Consumers
- Women drive 70-80% of consumer purchasing power, totaling $7 trillion in the U.S. annually and $20 trillion globally.
- Women are the sole source of income in 40% of U.S. households.
- Women are 50% more likely than men to regularly watch online how-to videos.
- 70% of travel consumers are women.
Women in Business
- 42% of all American small-businesses are women-owned and operated.
- 50% of women-owned firms are focused within three industries: social assistance, healthcare, and professional and technical services.
- There are almost 12.3 million women-owned businesses in America.
- 56.1% of women in the U.S. participate in the job market.
Now, if you do just one thing this month to celebrate Women’s History Month, consider how your business or brand markets to female customers. If your considerations come up empty-handed, Focus Marketing & PR can help. Focus always offers free consultations. Contact Niki at [email protected], or call 303-949-1876, to learn more.
About Focus Marketing & PR
Focus Marketing & PR is a Colorado-based boutique marketing firm specializing in arming small and medium-sized businesses of any industry with tools to navigate the constantly changing digital world. Give us a call today to discuss your marketing and PR needs; we always offer free consultations. Contact Focus Marketing & PR.