Would you look at that? The month of October has nearly passed us by. At Focus Marketing & PR, we’ve been busy celebrating National Women’s Small Business month every day into October. The month-long initiative is intended to promote female-led business operations, and to shine light on accomplishments and contributions women entrepreneurs have made to our economy.
Women in Business Numbers
* According to the 2019 State of Women-Owned Businesses Report
- There are nearly 13 million women-owned businesses in the U.S.
- Women-owned businesses employ 9.4 million people.
- Sales generated by women-owned businesses total $1.9 trillion annually.
- The percentage of women-owned businesses grew 21% between 2014 to 2019.
- Women of color account for 50% of all female-owned businesses.
This year’s celebration is extra meaningful as reports show a high-percentage of working women, ages 25- to 54-years-old, have stepped out of the professional environment to care for children and family amid the coronavirus pandemic. In one such study conducted in part by Groupon, 75 percent of women-owned small businesses have experienced negative impacts caused by the pandemic.
If your company is a fellow small woman-owned business, remember to show yourself extra love this month, and always. And if you’re in the market for digital marketing and/or public relationship support and expertise, contact Focus Marketing & PR at email@example.com or 303-949-1876.
About Focus Marketing & PR
Focus Marketing & PR is an affordable, Colorado-based boutique marketing firm specializing in arming small and medium-sized businesses of any industry with tools to navigate the constantly changing digital world. Give us a call today to discuss your marketing and PR needs; we always offer free consultations. Contact Focus Marketing & PR.