Video Marketing. It’s literally one of the most versatile and profitable forms of digital marketing…
LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking behemoth connecting more 722 million members. By following these simple best practices, you can use the social network to your business’s advantage. The space is ideal for cultivating audiences, building communities and pushing relevant content to members within your industry.
- Know your purpose. Wondering why LinkedIn is even a thing? In a nutshell, the site makes professional connections digitally possible so businesses can expand their network through building and strengthening connections with individuals and other businesses. Connecting more than 55 million companies, LinkedIn is said to be the largest B2B social network there is.
- Consider your target audience. Who is likely to be interested in your business? Once you know, consider publishing materials that position your business as a thought leader within your space. Thought leadership, when done wisely, can help you create trust and maintain credibility among current and future clients, become a go-to resource within your industry, and open up opportunities to expand your audience.
- Publish discerning content. Content has to be engaging, enticing and make you want to read the next paragraph to be successful. In the world of digital marketing, it’s all about the clicks. Do your research, include key words within your posts, use images and provide a call to action. And once you know your audience, you have to keep them coming back for more. Like every other social network, LinkedIn requires an ongoing present and engagement.
- Leverage brand ambassadors. Employees are your biggest advocates. Consider sharing business-generated content with them via increasingly popular employee advocacy programs. It’s fairly simple: distribute content to employees and request that they share with their networks. The end goal should be a team with compelling and authentic individual profiles incorporating personal and company branding together.
- Measure success. Tracking and measuring success is critical to ensuring content and marketing strategy delivers results. LinkedIn can tell you about your visitor demographics, page views, impressions, clicks, etc.
Consider yourself a LinkedIn pro now? Not so fast. This is only a start. Focus can help to stretch your knowledge and get you started with LinkedIn. Contact Focus Marketing & PR’s Founder, Niki Lopez, at 303-949-1876, or send an email to [email protected] / 303-949-1876. We always offer complimentary consultations.
About Focus Marketing & PR
Focus Marketing & PR is a Colorado-based boutique marketing firm specializing in arming small and medium-sized businesses of any industry with tools to navigate the constantly changing digital world. Give us a call today to discuss your marketing and PR needs; we always offer free consultations. Contact Focus Marketing & PR.